Search this Site
Maintained by the
LLVM Workshop at CGO
- What: LLVM at CGO.
- When: February 7, 2015
- Where: San Francisco, CA
A LLVM Workshop will be held at CGO 2015. If you are interested in attending the workshop, please register at the CGO website.
- High-level overview of LLVM & Clang
- Will include how to get started coding on LLVM & Clang
- Overview of core design elements, data structures, APIs, and patterns used in the codebase
- High-level testing strategy for LLVM & Clang using tools like Clang’s ‘-verify’, opt, llc, FileCheck, and GoogleTest
- Process of submitting a patch, code review, and community interactions
- How to add an optimization pass to LLVM
- Tutorial on the LLVM IR both in the abstract and at the level of internal APIs
- Basic APIs and data structures needed to implement, test, and wire a new pass into the compiler.
- Overview of the relationship between transform and analysis passes.
- Overview of the different kinds of transformation passes, how they interact, and what they can and can’t do
- Actually add a transformation pass and an analysis pass to the compiler that depend on each other and exercise this machinery.
- Includes authoring relevant tests for each component
- High-level overview of the architecture of an LLVM backend, with an emphasis on modifying or enhancing existing backends rather than adding a new one
- Detailed review of where things are: from SelectionDAG to FastISel to the register allocator
- Detailed review of exactly how a backend’s tablegen works, and how to make changes there and debug things
|Introduction to the LLVM Project
|Getting started hacking on LLVM and Clang
|The middle end optimizer
|Diagnosing and fixing bugs in the middle end optimizer
|Adding optimization passes to the middle end
|Overview of the LLVM Code Generator
|Adding custom legalization, target specific pseudo instructions, and instruction pattern