For those new to the LLVM system.
- Getting Started with the LLVM System
Discusses how to get up and running quickly with the LLVM infrastructure. Everything from unpacking and compilation of the distribution to execution of some tools.
- LLVM Tutorial: Table of Contents
Tutorials about using LLVM. Includes a tutorial about making a custom language with LLVM.
- LLVM Programmer’s Manual
Introduction to the general layout of the LLVM sourcebase, important classes and APIs, and some tips & tricks.
- Performance Tips for Frontend Authors
A collection of tips for frontend authors on how to generate IR which LLVM is able to effectively optimize.
- Getting Started with the LLVM System using Microsoft Visual Studio
An addendum to the main Getting Started guide for those using Visual Studio on Windows.
- Architecture & Platform Information for Compiler Writers
A list of helpful links for compiler writers.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of making a change to LLVM, and contributing it back to the LLVM project.